The mission of FUSAC is to create a climate of support for an environmentally focused approach to alcohol and other drug (AOD) prevention on campus.
The Coalition has several responsibilities:
- To facilitate an assessment of the problem and a comprehensive examination of existing AOD programs and policies.
- To continually monitor campus conditions and examine the institution's prevention efforts.
- To understand the nature and extent of the AOD problems on our campus.
The Student Sub-Committee of FUSAC has two additional responsibilities:
- To provide the members of FUSAC with the students' perspective on Furman University's AOD policies and programs.
- To serve as a liaison to their respective organizations by providing AOD-related information to their peers.