Greenbelt Community Goals:
- To encourage residents to live a lifestyle that embraces the
concept of sustainability (i.e. learn more about sustainable living
practices, attempt to reduce my energy consumption, recycle).
- To foster interactions among community members by requiring
residents to attend Greenbelt community wide events at least once a
- To provide intentionality to the living/learning experience of
residents by having them work with faculty and staff to determine the
specific programs activities which will serve as the educational
foundation for the community.
- To develop residents into sustainability leaders on campus who can role model sustainable living techniques for the rest of the Furman community.
- To assess students’ knowledge and perceptions regarding
sustainability and how that may change over the course of living in this
- Residents will be able to articulate what is meant by the concept of sustainability.
- Residents will understand what their own impact is on the environment.
- Residents will learn how to live a more sustainable lifestyle and will understand various practices for living sustainably.