Job search preparation webinars
The Office of Career Services has partnered with Jobs4GradsNow.com to
provide Furman students with free access to a series of job search
preparation webinars. These videos are designed to help you develop the
skills to prepare and implement a successful job search.
There are ten topic areas and over 70 videos that cover all aspects of the job search process. The ten topic areas are:
1. Assessing Who You Are
2. Resumes and Cover Letters
3. Motivating Yourself for the Job Search
4. Making Effective Use of the Telephone
5. Traditional Networking
6. Social Networking
7. Prepping for the Interview
8. Game On! The Interview
9. Following Up and Beyond
10. The Job Offer
You must be a current Furman student to access these webinars and must
register with your Furman email address. Please do not share your login
information with anyone--free access is limited to current Furman
- Click the logo below to be directed to the Jobs4GradsNow.com website.
- Click "Register" ("Login" if you previously registered).
- On the Registration page there is a "Payment Type" field.; leave this blank, and in the field titled "Enter Coupon Code" enter 272
- Complete the other required fields.
- You will be prompted to enter your username and password twice.
Once registered, you will be taken to your virtual office where you can
choose from various options for creating an appealing environment and if
you prefer, enable a game function to accrue points for completing each
of the steps in the job search campaign. After setting up, just mouse
over the TEN STEPS at the top of your office window and get started.
There is a video tutorial on the login page and additional details under
"How to Play" in your virtual office. Please view/read these prior to
using the system.
Good luck in your job search!