Online career tools and resources
Job Search Webinars
- A series of video workshops that cover topics including resume and cover letter writing, job searching, interviewing, networking, and more.
- A state-of-the-art resume development tool designed to help you create a resume sure to get the attention of employers.
Optimal Cover Letter
- This builder will help you easily and quickly create a professional letter to introduce your resume. It will also help you in creating other job search correspondence.
- This module will allow you to prepare for and fine tune your interviewing skills. If you have a Web-cam you are ready to go.
- The portfolio builder helps you create an on-line gallery of your work. It offers multiple options to display media relevant to your job search.
- The Resume GPS is a database of searchable resumes. An employer searches for the kind of candidate they are looking for and sees matching resumes. This is an "opt-in" part of Optimal Resume.
Paladin Job Board
- Our on-line job board and resume database. It also houses the On Campus Recruiting Program.
- A database of employers that includes profiles and contact information.
- The official online networking program for Furman University is housed in the LinkedIn website. To identify and correspond with Furman alumni, join the Furman University Alumni
group and begin networking today! This site is for the exclusive use of Furman students and graduates.
- A New York City based financial services recruiting system.
Career Services on Facebook
- Social networking site with information on services and events provided by the Office of Career Services.
Furman University International Career Network
- A Facebook group designed to assist with networking with Furman alumni located internationally. Be sure to check the discussion board for names and contact information.
- The Strong Interest Inventory and the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. Tools to assess your interests and values and how they relate to work and academic environments.
Career Information Sites
- A variety of resources on detailed descriptions of occupational fields including job duties, educational requirements, salary information and related occupations.
Job search sites
- Links to sites for the recent graduate, industry specific sites, jobs by geographic location and jobs by newspaper postings.
Vault Career Insider
- This online library provides access to industry and company profiles. The profiles give you an inside look at company and industry trends and strategies that will boost your job prospects.