Our objectives are to:
- Optimally meet and serve the postal needs for the Furman University community.
- Process incoming business correspondence to/for departments throughout the campus.
- Meter correspondence for off-campus delivery.
- Circulate internal correspondence that relates to university business and programs.
- Act as a liaison between departments and the USPS for clarification of postal service guidelines and mailing requirements.
- Distribute incoming correspondence and packages to students.
Maintain an address database to forward student mail.
- Operate window services to sell stamps, envelopes, and shipping and mailing services.
It is our goal to fulfill these objectives with the highest level of quality and service.
The Mail Services department is not an extension of the U.S. Postal Service but must operate under the rules of the USPS. Adhering to postal regulations allows the university to sell postage stamps and USPS parcel services. Once mail is delivered to the campus and received by Mail Services, the responsibility of the USPS has been fulfilled. It then becomes the duty of Mail Services and Central Receiving employees to see that mail and packages are distributed appropriately and in a timely manner.
To ensure the integrity and security of Furman’s mail, the University Post Office abides by all United States Postal Service rules and regulations for the handling and delivery of mail and parcels.
Mail Services is involved in an ongoing program of quality improvement. For us to be effective, your input is needed. Let us know how we can improve your mail service. Advise us of problems or concerns you may have. We will work with you to resolve these issues as effectively as possible.