Internship Office Services
Student Internship Experiences
Political Science and Spanish
SC Appleseed Legal Justice Center
Mote Marine Lab
What is the Furman Internship experience?
- Internship Office resources—It’s not just a list.
Students are encouraged to think about their interests and goals (and
what they don’t want to do), then work with the Internship Office, on a
personal plan to take advantage of resources to help find and
successfully apply for an internship that matches their
interests—nationally and internationally. As part of Academic Affairs, the Internship Office supports the learning objectives of students as they gain valuable experience in their internship.
- Furman Advantage program—Funding available. Students who have full-time summer internships have the opportunity to
apply for a competitive fellowship to support their summer
experience--across all majors. Preference is given to rising seniors.
- Supportive and dynamic local community—Opportunities
year round. Over 200 organizations, representing business, government
and non-profit, offer internships for Furman students; part-time during
the academic year and full-time in the summer.
- Internships within study away programs—Classes and
internships. Internship opportunities are part of the study away
programs in Brussels, China, Edinburgh and Washington, DC
- Engaged support from faculty, alumni, parents and
friends of Furman—Furman connections. A growing number of our Furman
connections are reaching out to students to talk about their work, to
give advice, and to provide a link to internship
opportunities---nationally and internationally.
- Engaged Learning—Over 68% of Furman students have completed internships during their Furman career.