An Interactive Online Grants Database
With Links to Other Sites
Furman University subscribes to GrantSelect, an online version of the GRANTS database program produced by The Oryx Press. This interactive database contains more than 10,000 funding opportunities from over 3,400 sponsoring organizations. It is continually updated.
Please read the instructions and summary information that follow, then access GrantSelect by clicking on the link
Then click on Paid Subscribers Enter Here. (No password is required when this is accessed on the University's network.)
The interactive "Welcome to GrantSelect" page appears and offers (double-click your choice):
- General Operating Grants
- International Grants
- Basic Search
- Advanced Search
- Upcoming Deadlines, etc.
For grant writers, there are:
- The book A Guide to Proposal Planning and Writing, by L.E. and J.T. Miner
- Books on Grants
- Oryx Press Grants Collection
In addition, there are links to other sites, such as
- The National Science Foundation (NSF), including application forms, proposal forms kit, awards database and other NSF award information from 1989 to the present on all NSF projects, and detailed instructions for preparing proposals for the NSF;
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH), including application forms and information for applying for NIH and Public Health Service Grants, as well as a searchable database of all awarded NIH grants;
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (searchable by CFDA number or keyword, department, title or subject);
- Commerce Business Daily (a free, searchable version of CBD provided by the GPO);
- Federal Register (a free, searchable version provided by the National Archives);
- FedWorld Information Network, from the Department of Commerce -- a site full of searchable U.S. government information;
- National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA) -- the NCURA home page, with many useful links;
- National Endowment for the Arts (NEA);
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH);
- Non-Profit Gateway -- a network of links to U.S. federal government information and services;
- Society of Research Administrators -- home page with many links; and
- U.S. Federal Government Agencies URL list -- links to every government agency's home page.
The GrantSelect database is an effective and comprehensive tool for any grant seeker, as well as an excellent resource for faculty, researchers, libraries, and staff.