Faculty Status Committee
Annual Report, 2010-2011
The Faculty Status Committee met 18 times during the 2010-2011 academic session.
An inventory of the committee’s activities over this time period follows:
- Evaluated the files of 43 probationary faculty and recommended a merit category to the Dean of the Faculty for each of these faculty members
- Reviewed portfolios of 5 candidates requesting tenure and promotion to the rank of associate professor and 12 portfolios of candidates requesting promotion to the rank of professor and made recommendations to the Dean.
- Recommended to the Dean of the Faculty and the President that 1 faculty member be awarded the rank of Associate Professor Emerita and 4 faculty members be awarded the rank of Professor Emeritus or Emerita.
- Using the new merit category system, recommended across-the-board and merit salary allocations, should a 2% of the budget be approved for salary increases.
- Revised the faculty evaluation form and communicated with the general faculty and department chairs concerning these changes.
- Revised memoranda and forms associated with the 2011-2012 faculty evaluation cycle.
- Reviewed 7 files from the Policies and Procedures document.
- Discussed with ITS the possibility of instituting electronic submissions of tenure and promotion materials.
- Chair met with new faculty to discuss the FSC charge, with specific emphasis placed on issues related to tenure and promotion.
Respectfully submitted by the 2010-2011 Faculty Status Committee:
Linda Barlett (MLL), Nelly Hecker, Chair (EDU), Daniel Koppelman (MUS), Si Pearman (HSC), Helen Lee Turner (REL), Paul Wagenknecht (CHM), and John Beckford, Dean of the Faculty (non-voting, ex-officio).