Faculty Status Committee
Annual Report, 2009-2010
The Faculty Status Committee met 22 times during the 2009-2010 academic session. An inventory of the committee’s activities over this time period follows:
1. Evaluated the files of 175 faculty and recommended a merit category to the Dean of the Faculty for each of these faculty members.
2. Reviewed 3 candidates for tenure and 9 candidates for promotion. Our recommendations were forwarded to the Dean of the Faculty, the Provost, and the President.
3. Devised a new merit category system, revised the faculty evaluation form, and communicated with the general faculty and department chairs concerning these changes.
4. Recommended to the Dean of the Faculty, the Provost, and the President that 5 faculty members be awarded the rank of Professor Emeritus or Emerita.
5. Revised memoranda and forms associated with the 2010-2011 faculty evaluation cycle.
6. Reviewed 6 files from the Policies and Procedures document.
7. Chair met with new faculty to discuss the FSC charge, with specific emphasis placed on issues related to tenure and promotion.
Respectfully submitted by the 2009-2010 Faculty Status Committee:
Bill Blaker, Chair (BGY), David Bost (MLL), Nelly Hecker (EDU), Ruby Morgan (MUS), and Si Pearman (HES), and John Shelley (REL)