Faculty Status Committee
Annual Report, 2004-2005
To date, the Faculty Status Committee has met 23 times during the 2004-2005 academic session. The business conducted at these meetings is listed below.
1. We evaluated 37 probationary faculty and recommended a merit category to the
Dean and to the President for each of these faculty members.
2. We reviewed 10 candidates for tenure and 14 candidates for promotion and made a recommendation to the Dean and to the President for each application.
3. We made a recommendation to the Dean and to the President concerning the distribution of the salary pool increase.
4. We made a recommendation to the Dean and to the President regarding emeritus
status for retiring faculty.
5. We are revising the Faculty Evaluation Form for 2005 and accompanying
6. We reviewed a total of 17 files from the Policies and Procedures Manual. One file required no change. Six files were revised and subsequently approved by faculty vote. One file was returned by the faculty to FSC for further clarification. Two files have been deferred until the status of library faculty is clarified. Four files were referred back to the relevant committees. One file is awaiting a faculty vote. Two files are under revision.
Respectfully submitted by the Faculty Status Committee.
Ken Abernethy, Bill Allen, Bob Chance, Cleve Fraser, Larry Kessler, Laura Wright(chair)