Faculty Status Committee
Annual Report, 2003-2004
To date, the Faculty Status Committee has met 25 times during the 2003-2004 academic session. The business conducted at these meetings is listed below.
1. We evaluated 168 continuing faculty and recommended a merit category to the Dean and to the President for each faculty member.
2. We reviewed 9 candidates for tenure and 19 candidates for promotion and made a recommendation to the Dean and to the President for each application.
3. We made a recommendation to the Dean and to the President concerning the cost-of-living increase and the distribution of the salary pool increase among the various merit categories.
4. We made a recommendation to the Dean and to the President regarding emeritus status for retiring faculty.
5. We are revising the Faculty Evaluation Form for 2004 and accompanying memoranda.
6. We reviewed a total of 21 files from the Policies and Procedures Manual. Three files required no change. Two files have been deferred until the status of library faculty is clarified. Two files were referred back to the relevant committees. 14 files are under revision.
Respectfully submitted by the Faculty Status Committee.
Ken Abernethy, Jane Chew (Chair), Cleve Fraser, Larry Kessler, Bruce Schoonmaker, Laura Wright