Cultural Life Program Committee
Annual Report 2012-2013
The CLP Committee set out to bring order and civility to the CLP Program in 2012/13. To this end, the Committee:
1) Significantly revised the CLP Guidelines to place greater responsibility for the success of events on faculty and staff sponsors and to establish an accountability procedure to adjudicate conflicts over specific events;
2) Worked with Academic Records to establish an efficient on-line CLP proposal system;
3) Committed to meeting weekly to review proposals;
4) Created a “Revise and Resubmit” decision option to allow the Committee to work with sponsors to develop events appropriate to the CLP program;
5) Established a Moderator Pool to help ensure civility during CLP Question and Answer periods.
During the academic year, the CLP Committee reviewed 206 proposals: 184 were ultimately approved, 7 denied, 15 tabled/no final vote. Comparable figures are not available from previous years, but the new on-line system will now allow the Committee to build a database that allows the tracking of CLP decisions over time.
No appeals were made to the CLP Committee during the academic year.
Chair, CLP Committee