Academic Policies Committee
Annual Report, 2009-2010
The Academic Policies Committee met 10 times prior to the writing of this report.
The work of APC during the 2009-2010 academic year included ...
- the consideration of over 30 course proposals for various CGA and Concentration credits;
- the review of proposed revisions to the majors in Business and Accounting;
- the consideration of a proposed Science Education Concentration, and a recommendation to the faculty;
- the consideration of a proposed Sustainability Science major, and a recommendation to the faculty;
- the review, and in some cases revision, of 8 policies (in consultation with Policies and Procedures);
- the discussion of a process for assessing the effectiveness of the University's General Education program;
- the discussion and establishment of a method for assigning CGA credit to transfer courses;
The chair wishes to express his gratitude and appreciation to committee members for the professionalism, diligence, and thoughtfulness that they displayed throughout the year.
John Harris (Chair), Mathematics
Jerry Cox, Modern Languages and Literatures (and liaison with Curriculum)
Derek Parsons, Music
Sandy Roberson, Business and Accounting
Liz Smith, Political Science
David Turner, Physics
Jennifer Myers, Student
Adam Thomas, Student
Brad Barron, Associate Dean for Academic Records
Paula Gabbert, Associate Academic Dean
John Beckford, Dean of the Faculty