Academic Policies Committee
Annual Report, 2008-2009
The Academic Policies Committee met 10 times prior to the writing of this report. The committee has 2 additional meetings scheduled for the 2008-2009 academic year.
The work of APC during the 2008-2009 academic year included ...
- the consideration of over 40 course proposals for various CGA and Concentration credits;
- the review of proposed revisions to majors in Religion, Health and Exercise Science, Communication Studies, and Psychology;
- the review of Policy 190.5 (operating procedures for APC) and the forwarding of proposed revisions to Policies and Procedures;
- the review of the University's Pass/Fail policy and the recommendation of revisions;
- the consideration of a proposal regarding First Year Seminars and GER credits;
- the discussion of a process for assessing the effectiveness of the University's General Education program;
- the discussion and establishment of a method for assigning CGA credit to transfer courses;
- the discussion of the Natural World lab-science requirement for music majors;
- the consideration of a transition issue relating to the Upper Level Humanities requirement.
The chair wishes to express his gratitude and appreciation to committee members for the professionalism, diligence, and thoughtfulness that they displayed throughout the year.
John Harris (Chair), Mathematics
Jerry Cox, Modern Languages and Literatures
Doug Cummins, Theatre Arts (and liaison with Curriculum)
Dan Koppelman, Music (Fall)
Sandy Roberson, Business and Accounting
David Turner, Physics
Andrew Heyward, Student
Montrelle Robertson, Student (Spring)
Brad Barron, Associate Dean for Academic Records
Linda Bartlett, Associate Academic Dean
John Beckford, Dean of the Faculty