2019 Conference Agenda
"Know Your Power and Edge"
Kim Keefer, Director of the Shucker Center for Leadership Development
"Cultivating Presence and Voice"
Dr. Cynthia King, Department Chair and Associate Professor of Communication Studies
Dr. Meghan Slining, Assistant Professor of Health Sciences
Dr. Sarah Worth, Department Chair and Professor of Philosophy
Dr. Beth Pontari, Associate Provost for Engaged Learning and Professor of Psychology
"Say Yes and No"
Maegan Azar, Associate Professor of Acting and Directing
Dr. Virginia Gerde, Associate Professor of Business and Accounting
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the tuition for the conference?
The tuition investment for the Women's Leadership Institute is $1,495.
- Are meals included in the cost of tuition?
Each of our five seminars includes cuisine from our award-winning chef from Bon Appetite. The graduation includes a reception with heavy hors d'oeuvres and drinks.
- Will I receive continuing education credits from the conference to apply toward my job?
Yes, continuing education credits will be awarded to all participants enrolled in WLI and are calculated based on the number of hours that you participate in the conference.
- I am from out of town. How do I make hotel arrangements in Greenville?
We are happy to assist with any hotel arrangements. There are several hotels near Furman University and most include a special reduced rate for those visiting the school. Please contact Sam Tisdale for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or (864) 294-2156.
- Are there scholarships available for the conference?
- What type of attire is appropriate for the conference?
- Where is the conference held and what type of parking can I expect?
WLI is held on the Furman University campus. Directions will be sent to all participants prior to the first seminar. There is complimentary, convenient parking adjacent to our meeting locations.