Furman University provides campus telephone and voicemail services for faculty and staff, as well as University departments and organizations. Departments and organizations are billed monthly for campus telephone use.
If you need help with Furman telephones or voicemail, please see the IT Self Help Guide, or contact the IT Service Center.
If you need instructions for smartphones, please see the IT Self Help Guide, or contact the IT Service Center.
Furman Telephone Dialing Instructions
- Dial the 4-digit extension number
- Dial 9, followed by 1 and the area code and number
- Toll Free Long Distance calls (area codes 800, 888, 877, etc.)
Long Distance (Toll) calls:
Furman employees who need to make long distance calls on university business are each given an individual 6-digit long distance authorization code. If you need an authorization code, please contact the IT Service Center.
- US Long Distance: dial 8, followed by the area code and number, wait for the tone, then enter your six-digit authorization
- International calls: dial 8 + 011 + country code and number, wait for the tone, then enter your authorization code.
If your department permits using your University phone for personal calls, your personal calls will be charged to your authorization code. You are responsible for reimbursing your department for the cost of these calls.
You will find additional "how to" information in the IT Self Help Guide.
For any technology-related questions, please contact the IT Service Center.