|IT Service Center Support
This service provides a single point of contact and communications for resolving incidents, fulfilling requests, providing multimedia support and dealing with a variety of service events.
IT Service Center and Multimedia Services
- Provide first level call investigation and diagnosis of reporting incidents.
- Fulfill general multimedia service requests for broadcast, duplication, editing and consultation within university policies and copyright guidelines.
- Escalate incidents and requests that cannot be resolved within agreed timescales or with IT Service Center capabilities.
- Coordinate resolution of incidents when reported to the IT Service Center.
- Plan, install, configure, and maintain records of incident and request calls and categorize these for historical retrieval by others.
- Communicate incident and request status to others.
- Record, route and track service requests until they are fulfilled.
- Close incidents when resolved.
- Provide consulting services and skill/labor estimates to support release package testing, installation, deployment and operation.
- Conduct customer satisfaction call-backs or surveys to assess quality of provided services.
- Plan, install, configure and test call management hardware, software and network configurations to manage calls to the IT Service Center.
- Maintain adequate levels of staffing skills to meet IT Service Center goals and objectives.
- Recruit and train student staff.
- Monitor and manage calling queues to make sure calls are handled in a timely manner.
- Integrate Knowledge Management databases and repositories for call agent access.
|Service Administrator (owner)
||Vice President for Academic
Affairs and Dean
In person and phone support during academic year.
Public Safety has emergency call list for emergencies during off hours 864-294-2111
- Monday through Thursday 8 am - 9 pm
- Friday 8 am - 5 pm
- Saturday 1 pm - 6 pm
- This is the first level support resources for most IT services, telephone 864-294-3277 or email email@example.com
- Web site self-help facility:http://squirt.fu.campus/TIWEB8/ntauth/selfservice.asp
- Web Chat request from ITS website
- Automated alert
Call, email, work order, web request, referral from ITS staff
Services are provided at no charge to students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors
- Telephone response
- Email response
- Web site self-help facility
- Formal Service Disruption Notice (IT Outages)
- Consulting support
Must be a member of the campus community, or a campus visitor.
| Key Service Targets
Track-It feedback 90%+ positive.
TechQual survey within expectations for minimum and desirable or beyond
Start and complete times for various call types are listed below with respective reliability for SLA compliance
- Restore service to customer’s primary computer when there is no functionality
- Password resets
Time to start (contact) < 4 business hours
Time to complete < 9 business hours
- Requests for email restores, new accounts, conferences, group calendars etc.
- Computer failure that does not result in inoperability
- Supply deliveries (toner, cables, paper, keyboards, mouses)
- Virus /malware disinfections
- Wireless configurations
- Reimaging (backups)
- Supported applications question responses
- Printer failure (not hardware)
- Content Management requests
Time to start (contact) < 9 hours
Time to complete < 5 days
Reliability 90% all work orders