The Furman Scholars program seeks to honor high school juniors who exhibit strong academic potential, demonstrate leadership potential, and show significant involvement in extracurricular activities and community service. Guidance counselors nominate current juniors to participate in the program. Those students selected who enroll in Furman are awarded at least $5,000 in scholarships and are eligible for a 10 percent discount on our Summer Scholars program.
For any questions regarding Furman Scholars, please email email@example.com or call 864.294.2034.
The nomination form can be viewed here. The deadline for nomination submission is March 15, 2013.
Nominees must be juniors who meet all of the following criteria:
- A high school weighted grade-point average of 3.5 or higher
- A genuine interest in an education in the liberal arts and sciences
- Significant involvement in extracurricular activities and community service
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- One of the following test scores: PSAT score of 120 or higher (critical reading and math); SAT score of 1200 or higher (critical reading and math); ACT composite score of 26 or higher. Please do not add the writing score to the total score.