Our programs are available for enrollment in the fall, spring or summer sessions. Choose the start date that is most convenient for you. Apply now!
Criteria for Admission
Undergraduate degree program
The following steps and materials should be completed by students with more than 24 transferable credits from a regionally accredited institution:
- Submit admission application and application fee.
- Submit five paragraph essay describing yourself, why you wish to attend Furman, and your goals for once you complete your degree.
- Submit a current resume.
- Submit official transcripts from all previously attended universities and colleges. International transcripts must be certified by an evaluator; e.g., World Education Services.
- Demonstrate cumulative 2.5 grade point average on all previous college course work.
- Non-native English speakers must also submit TOEFL scores.
If a student has no prior college experience or less than 24 transferable credits, the steps above should be completed along with the following:
- High school transcripts, including grade point average and class rank
- One standardized test score (SAT, ACT, or Compass)–composite, verbal, and math
- Document at least two years full-time work experience
*If you are unable to fulfill the requirements, you may apply for provisional admittance.
Certificate or other non-undergrad degree programs
The following steps and materials should be completed by students interested in our Accounting or Data Analytics certificates, or other non-undergrad degree programs such as Pre-CPA, Pre-CMA, Pre-MBA, and Pre-Master's in Accountancy:
- A completed UES application and application fee
- A current resume
- A transcript from the accredited university issuing your bachelor's degree
- Demonstration of fulfilling any other requirements for the specific post-baccalaureate program
Admission decisions are processed when the application has been completed and all documents have been received. Once your credentials have been reviewed, an academic advisor will contact you to schedule a placement interview. If you have a question about your application status, contact us.