The Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Accounting provides
professionals, who have already completed a bachelor's degree, with a solid
foundation in accounting theory and practice.
The program serves to provide accounting coursework to professionals in
- Seeking accounting coursework to satisfy educational requirements to sit for the
- Desiring more accounting knowledge in order to enhance their professional
skill set for promotion and professional advancement
- Seeking a career change to accounting or a related field
To be eligible for admission, a student
- Have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four year institution with a minimum GPA
- Complete Furman UES online admission application and pay $35 application fee.
- Submit official transcripts
from all institutions attended
- Submit current
- Attend admissions interview with the Director of Undergraduate Evening Studies.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition is based on the UES tuition rate for the academic year. Certificate students
are currently ineligible for scholarships, state or federal financial aid, therefore we keep fees to a minimum. View current tuition and fees.
Students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours (six courses) above ACC
312 Intermediate Financial Accounting with a minimum grade of C (cumulative GPA
of 2.0) in courses taken at Furman. Pre-requisite
course(s) (ACC 111, ACC 311, ACC 312) taken at an accredited four-year
institution should have been completed within one year.
If a student's last accounting
course was taken more than a year prior to application, the student has the
option to take a placement assessment for either ACC 111 or ACC 312, depending
on his/her last completed course. Students
who score a 80 or higher on either assessment have the option to forego the
aforementioned pre-requisite courses.
Pre-Requisite Courses: (May take
ACC 111, 311 and 312 at Furman or a four-year accredited institution.)
111 Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACC 311 Intermediate Financial Accounting I
312 Intermediate Financial Accounting II
Core Courses: (Four courses must be taken at Furman.)
- ACC 320 Cost Accounting
- ACC 330 Auditing
- ACC 340 Federal Income Taxation
- ACC 370 Advanced Financial Accounting
Elective Courses: (Two courses
must be taken at Furman.)
- ACC 350
Accounting Information Systems
- ACC 360 International Accounting
- ACC 315 Governmental and Nonprofit Accounting
- ACC 450
Advanced Topics in Accounting
- ACC 365 Forensic Accounting
Course credits earned appear on official Furman University transcripts
and are reflected in cumulative GPA calculations. The completion of required courses is represented
as a Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Accounting. A minimum of 18 credit hours
must be completed at Furman.
Take the first step toward earning your Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Accounting. Apply now.