Leading to the Bachelor of Liberal Arts degree, our major in business administration emphasizes an interdisciplinary view of business management. The curriculum
introduces students to
accounting, economics, marketing, and operations management. The major also allows you to pursue your wide-ranging interests and ideas through our electives.
DEGREE REQUIREMENTS FOR:
Business Administration Major
Double Major - Business Administration & Accounting
Double Major - Business Administration & Information Technology
To graduate with a major in business administration, a student must successfully complete all general education requirements and major courses. Total credit hours must be equal to or greater than 125 credits with at least 60 credits earned at Furman (including the final 28 credits with 15 credits in the major completed at Furman). Students must also maintain at least a 2.00 cumulative grade point average and a 2.00 GPA for courses used to satisfy the major requirements.
Business Administration major
The business administration major must include the following courses:
- ACC 111: Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACC 301: Principles of Managerial Accounting
- BUS 320: Marketing
- BUS 330: Operations Management
- BUS 340: Introduction to Finance & Markets
- BUS 350: Business Law I
- BUS 450: Strategic Management
- ENG 211: Professional Communication
- CSC 105: Introduction to Computer Science
- ECN 101: Macroeconomics
- ECN 102: Microeconomics
- ECN 225: Statistics
- MTH 145 Calculus for Management, Life and Social Sciences
- At least 4 additional elective courses in accounting, business administration or economics at the 230 level or higher.
DOUBLE MAJOR IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION & ACCOUNTING
In addition to the requirements listed for the Business Administration major, double majors in Business and Accounting must also successfully complete:
- ACC 311: Intermediate Financial Accounting I (in place of ACC 301)
- ACC 312: Intermediate Financial Accounting II
- ACC 320: Cost Accounting
- ACC 330: Auditing
- ACC 340: Federal Income Taxation
- ACC 350 Accounting Information Systems
- ACC 370: Advanced Financial Accounting
- ACC 450: Advanced Topics in Accounting
- A total of 5 major elective courses consisting of Accounting, Business, or Economics courses at the 230 level or higher. See advisor for recommended elective courses if planning to complete the CPA exam.
DOUBLE MAJOR IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
In addition to the requirements listed for the Business Administration major, double majors in Business and Information Technology must also successfully complete:
- CSC 121 Intro to Computer Programming
- CSC 122 Data Structures and Algorithms
- CSC-475 or 502 (seminar or research)
- Three computer science major electives: Two at the 200+ level and one at the 300+level.
For more information, contact us today!