Leading to the Bachelor of Liberal Arts degree, our major in accounting provides students with the advanced knowledge and skills required to successfully pursue a career in accounting or finance.
DEGREE REQUIREMENTS FOR:
Double Major - Accounting & Business Administration
Double Major - Accounting & Information Technology
To graduate with a major in accounting, a student must successfully complete all general education requirements and major courses. Total credit hours must be equal to or greater than 125 credits with at least 45 credits earned at Furman (including the final 28 credits with 15 credits in the major completed at Furman). Students must also maintain at least a 2.00 cumulative grade point average and a 2.00 GPA for courses used to satisfy the major requirements.
The accounting major must include the following courses:
- ACC 111: Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACC 311: Intermediate Financial Accounting I
- ACC 312: Intermediate Financial Accounting II
- ACC 320: Cost Accounting
- ACC 330: Auditing
- ACC 340: Federal Income Taxation
- ACC 350 Accounting Information Systems
- ACC 370: Advanced Financial Accounting
- ACC 450: Advanced Topics in Accounting
- BUS 340: Introduction to Finance & Markets
- BUS 350: Business Law I
- CSC 105: Introduction to Computer Science
- ECN 101: Macroeconomics
- ECN 102: Microeconomics
- ECN 225: Statistics
- ENG 211: Professional Communication
- MTH 145 Calculus for Management, Life and Social Sciences
- One major elective course in accounting, business administration or economics at the 230 level or higher.
Double Major in Accounting & Business Administration
In addition to the requirements listed for the Accounting major, Accounting and Business Administration double majors must also successfully complete:
- BUS 320: Marketing
- BUS 330: Operations Management
- BUS 450: Strategic Management
- At least four additional major electives in accounting, business administration, or economics at the 230 level or higher. Recommended electives for those pursuing CPA licensure: ACC 315 Governmental & Non-Profit Accounting, ACC 360 International Accounting, ACC 365 Forensic Accounting, and BUS 351 Business Law II.
DOUBLE MAJOR IN ACCOUNTING & information technology
In addition to the requirements listed for the Accounting major, Accounting and Information Technology double majors must also successfully complete:
- CSC 121 Intro to Computer Programming
- CSC 122 Data Structures and Algorithms
- CSC-475 or 502 (seminar or research)
- One accounting major elective at the 230 level
- Three computer science major electives: Two at the 200+ level and one at the 300+level.
For more information, contact us today.