Sociology general education requirements
Sociology 101 satisfies the general education requirement in the social
To graduate with a major in sociology, a student must have a grade point average of 2.0 for all sociology courses.
Majors are required to take:
- SOC 101 (Introduction to Sociology)
- SOC 301 (Sociological Theory)
- SOC 302 (Methods of Social Research)
- SOC 303 (Methods of Social Research)
- SOC 470 (Qualitative Research Seminar)
- A second 400 level seminar, and three additional upper division courses.
It is advisable, but not required, for majors to take:
- Computer Science 105 (Introduction to Computer Science)
- Economics 111 (Introduction to Economics)
- Philosophy 101 (Introduction to Philosophy)
- Psychology 111 (General Psychology)
All majors are encouraged to take the advanced sociology section of the
Graduate Record Examination.