Professor, Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Current disciplinary research interests
Mineral and energy resources; environmental effects of mineral extraction; Appalachian Mountain building in the context of geologic mapping.
- Interest in connecting sustainability to research
1)Landuse planning and conservation of land in the upstate. 2)Investigate sustainability of mineral and energy resources and relate to the social/human impact. 3)Slope stability and mass wasting and its effect on human activity. 4)Relationships among bedrock geology, soils, and plant diversity.
- Sustainability courses taught
- Earth Systems
- Environmental Science
- Mineralogy/Petrology I
- Mineralogy/Petrology II
- Regional Tectonics
- Optical mineralogy, Geochemistry
- Seminar in Earth and Environmental Sciences
- FYW To Walk the Land
- FYS Sustainability of Natural Resources.