Come tour our new building!
This is the main entrance to John E. Johns Hall,
home of the Furman University psychology department since January
About Johns Hall:
Return to the psychology department homepage
Johns Hall is one of the newest academic building on
Furman's campus, located between Furman Hall and the James B. Duke Library.
The 50,000-square-foot building, which was completed in the fall of 1997,
houses the departments of psychology, political science, and sociology.
The building is named in honor of former Furman
president John E. Johns, who retired from Furman in 1994. Johns, a 1947
Furman graduate, was named president in 1976. His 18-year tenure was the
third longest of any Furman president. He died in 2007. His wife, Martha, still lives
in the Greenville area.
The building contains nine classrooms, four computer
labs, three seminar rooms and 37 offices, as well as research
labs for the psychology department. In addition to housing the psychology,
political science and sociology departments, it is home to the Office of
Study Away and International Education and the Furman Advantage Program, and the Riley Institute.