Approved by the Suzuki Association of the Americas
, the South Carolina Suzuki Institute @ Furman University
is a special week-long summer camp that provides an intensive musical
experience for families with children who currently study an instrument
through the Suzuki Meth
od and music educators studying to improve their Suzuki teaching skills.
Families enjoy attending the institute together and participating in a
wide range of musical and enrichment activities. For more information about the unique opportunities our institute offers, visit our
GENERAL INFORMATION page.
Located in the northwest corner of South Carolina, the Greenville area offers natural beauty, cultural vitality and numerous family-based activities. The private campus of Furman University is recognized as one of the most beautifully designed and landscaped college campuses in the country and it offers comfortable and peaceful surroundings for our institute.
- INACTIVE summer 2014. A three day workshop will be held instead. Details TBA via email from director Dr. Anna Joiner.
- Instruments: Violin, Viola, Cello
- Student ages: 3 and up
- PreTwinkle program for Violin and Cello
- Suzuki levels offered: all books
- BRAVO! program for advanced violinists
- Master classes, Small Groups, Orchestra, Fiddling, Family Chorus, Orff, Musicianship
2014 SAA Teacher Training Units with SAA Master Teacher Faculty
Sanctioned and controlled by the national organization, these courses are for educators, private teachers and college string students seeking national registration/approval through the Suzuki Association of the Americas.
INACTIVE in 2014
2015 details TBA
Dates: July 12-18, 2015