Suzuki Teacher Training
Training Courses Offered in 2015
Teacher Training courses are for college students, music
teachers and interested adults seeking Suzuki instructor training and national
registration with the Suzuki Association of the
. Classes meet Monday morning thru Friday evening. Full attendance and participation is required for course approval.
Arrival and Departure
- Plan to Arrive
- Sunday afternoon, July 12 between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m.
- Schedule Sunday July 12
- Check-in and move into housing
- Orientation Meeting for ALL 6:30 - 7:00pm
- Student Play-Ins 7:15 - 8:00pm (TTs assist with tuning.)
- Welcome Party 8:00 - 8:30pm
- Begin Monday morning, July 13 @ 8:30 a.m.
- Conclude Friday night after the
- Final Concert: The student's week concludes with concerts
Friday afternoon and evening. EVERYONE participates. TTs assist with tuning.
- Available Sunday night, July 12 - Friday night July 17
- Check-Out: Prior to 10am Saturday July 18. (Housing deposits returned at that time.)
- Meals - see TT FEE SHEET for options. Available in January.
- What happens if a TT course does not 'make' minimum enrollment?
SAA sets the minimum enrollment for each course. Should a
course not 'make,' you will be notified by phone on or before June 15. All fees
will be refunded.
- Is Graduate Credit available?
- Do I need to bring my own instrument?
Yes, you supply your own instrument for the course you are
taking, as well as the Suzuki book for the level you are taking.
- If I need to rent an instrument while in Greenville, who do you
Bernhardt House of Violins (Toll Free 866-479-8889)
- Is child care provided?
- Can I bring my child to the Teacher Training classes?
- Can I shave hours off one day and make it up the next?
- Can I register my child for the institute at which I am registered for
Yes, BUT, an adult or other responsible party must attend
classes with your child since you will be unable to do so. Some families bring a
grandparent, nanny or sibling 18 years+ to supervise the child.
- May my spouse / significant other travel with me and stay on
Certainly. Furman and Greenville are
locales. You may purchase additional meal plans as needed. They may
institute classes unless registered for the institute as a teacher
one-day adult observer. They may participate in available campus
activities while you are
in class (physical activities center, golf course, etc., for a small
fee). The main library is quite impressive with many computer research
stations available for use.
- May we utilize Daniel Music Building's Maxwell Music Library or Furman's
main Duke Library for research or reading?
Yes. Hours of operation are posted by the entrance.
Institute Application Deadline: June 10
Teacher Training workshop participation and SAA Registration requires a
timely audition submission to the SAA national office.
You should be pending
or approved by SAA prior
applying to attend this institute. SAA's turn-around time for approval of your
recorded submission can take 5 - 8 weeks so plan ahead! The institute is not responsible for
late applications to SAA or any delays caused by incomplete applications. See the SC Institute refund policy on our FEE PAGE
of the Americas,
PO Box 17310
Phone: (303) 444-0948 Fax: (303) 444-0984
considering the Teacher Training courses and SAA national registration should carefully read
the guidelines as posted on the national web site. Note the details within the Teacher Audition Guide
. Membership in SAA is required.
Permission to participate in
institute Teacher Training courses is approved and issued by the national association, not the
individual institutes. This institute is not responsible for apprising potential teacher
trainees of the SAA guidelines and deadlines. Call the SAA national office if you have questions regarding Teacher Training.
- TT Institute Application available in February
- Fee list available in January
**Application DEADLINE June 10. Balance due by June 20.
Note: A certain number of hours is required to earn TT
credit for each unit level. Leaving early or missing time within the course may
negate earning credit for the course in which you are enrolled. Institute
refunds are not available should this occur. The Teacher Trainer for your course
makes the final decision, in conversation with SAA. The decision is not made at
the institute level.