RESIDENTIAL CAMPERS - $510
Includes shared room, meals, tuition,
COMMUTERS - $410
Includes lunch, dinner, tuition, recreation, counselor supervision.
Typical day 8:30AM - 9PM
$35 per half hour Private Lessons on your camp instrument
Receive private coaching and advise from a member of the camp faculty/staff. RECOMMENDED!
2018 Financial Dates and Refund Policy
Registration opens February 1
and closes on or before May 1. Some sections may fill/close before May 1!!
Campus housing may fill/close prior to May 1!!
Late applications will be considered based on instrument need, age and playing experience.
- $200 non-refundable after April 1.
- $300 non-refundable after May 1.
- June 1: Scholarship payments due to Furman, checks payable to FURMAN UNIVERSITY and mailed to camp address below.
- NO REFUNDS after June 1.
Scholarships and Discounts
Recipient of a
scholarship to camp this summer?
In order to hold your place in line, a $100 deposit is required
if the scholarship will not be awarded until later in the spring. Please be sure the presenter of your scholarship is aware of the June 1 deadline. If your scholarship exceeds the total owed, your deposit will be refunded once we receive and successfully deposit scholarship funds. Refunds can not exceed balance owed after applicable discounts are deducted. Scholarship funds may be used for private lessons and campus housing/meals.
>Honors Ensemble Discounts:
Reserved for students who were selected this school year to participate in their state's highest ranking performing ensemble on the instrument they will play at camp. This is a discount, not a refundable scholarship. If eligible, select one of these options in the application's DISCOUNT area and it will be deducted from your total owed. Terminology varies state-to-state. If we have questions or if we can not
verify the student's placement, we will contact you to request official
- $100 All-State Gold Discount - Student earned placement in your state's top honors ensemble on the instrument they will play at camp. In SC, the ensembles are called All-State Band, All-State Orchestra, All-State Jazz Ensemble. 'Alternates' are not eligible for this discount.
- $ 50 Region Silver Discount - Student earned placement in your state's regional honors ensemble on the instrument they will play at camp. In SC, it is Region Band. 'Alternates' are not eligible for this discount. County-level ensembles are not eligible for this discount.
$100 per child
Camp applicant's parent/guardian must
be currently employed by Furman University. Contact the music office for instructions.
How To Apply REGISTER NOW via Eventbrite
- Cards: Complete the on-line application hosted on Eventbrite and pay at end.
- Check or Money Order: Complete the on-line application. Mail checks to address below, payable to FURMAN UNIVERSITY. Students are not accepted until payment is received.
Band and Orchestra Camp
Furman University Music Dept
3300 Poinsett Hwy
Greenville, SC 29613