Lisa Browne Barksdale
Lecturer in Music, Voice
McAlister Auditorium, Room 206
M.M., Northwestern University
B.M. Furman University
Lisa Browne Barksdale has been educating musicians and performing for more than 20 years. A highly respected instructor, Barksdale developed her passion for teaching as the junior high and high school choral director at Pace Academy in Atlanta. Since joining Furman's staff, she has presented solo recitals throughout the Greenville community. She has performed with the Greenville Chorale and Greenville Chamber Choir and holds membership in the National Association of Teachers of Singing and the Music Educators National Conference. She is a Certified McClosky Voice Technician by the McClosky Institute of Voice.
Jeanne Brown and Bonnie Pomfret
If one does not communicate, one should not perform. I believe that communication in singing encompasses beauty of tone, excellence of technique, and word-by-word understanding of the text. I firmly believe that learning never ends.
MUS-104 Voice Class
MUS-511 Applied Voice
- Cum Laude Society, Pace Academy Faculty; Pi Kappa Lambda, Northwestern University and Furman University
- Omicron Delta Kappa, Furman University
- Dupre Rhame Award, Furman University
- Sterling Staff Award and Southeastern Province Award, Mu Phi Epsilon, Furman University
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Chorus member for Grammy Award Best Choral Performance (1987-90, 1997-98)