Furman Symphony Orchestra
Seating auditions for the Furman Symphony Orchestra are open to majors as well as skilled non-majors. Yes, non-majors are welcome! Everyone auditions for seating at the start of each term. More details below.
String students interested in performing with the Furman Symphony Orchestra (FSO) in 2019-2020 are expected to attend all Tuesday and Thursday rehearsals from 4-6 p.m. plus additional dress rehearsals and concerts as posted on the FSO yearly calendar of events.
- Each student must register for MUS 060.
- Each student will prepare the excerpt posted below AND a one minute excerpt of a prepared solo of your choice.
- Members of the string faculty will listen to the auditions.
Criteria for string seating and selection of principal players include:
- The results of the audition
- Previous experience and performance in the FSO
- Pattern of attendance and regularity of membership
- String seating will be rotated throughout the year
- Students are not required to register for applied lessons in order to join the FSO.
- Students who take applied lessons are required to participate in the FSO.
Audition Excerpts Fall 2019
Please see the audition instructions for each instrument type:
Brass, Woodwind and Percussion
players - please CLICK HERE
for your audition details.