Symphonic Band & Symphony Orchestra
Ensemble membership is open to all Furman students, both majors and non-majors, but is required
for students awarded a music scholarship on a Brass, Woodwind or Percussion instrument. Yes, non-majors welcome! The audition places you in consideration for a seat in the Furman Symphonic Band and the Furman Symphony Orchestra.
- Woodwinds: (TBA)
- Brass: (TBA)
- Percussion: (TBA)
On-line sign up process TBA...
Your audition, using the excerpts below, will seat the Symphonic Band personnel for fall term 2019 and determine the wind / percussion sections for the Symphony Orchestra. If you are also in Marching Band, this audition is different from the brief marching audition that takes place during pre-season camp.
Personnel / Seating results will be based on the following criteria
- The results of the audition.
- Past experience and performance in the ensemble program.
- Educational value for the individual student.
- Availability due to academic schedule.
Your audition will consist of:
- Excerpts posted below. (Select your instrument)
- Sight-reading of a brief passage.
- No Scales
Questions? Contact Dr. Samuels at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 864-294-3193. The band student staff office is 864-294-3069.