Omicron Delta Epsilon is the international honor society for economics. Furman is home to Omicron Delta Epsilon's Eta Chapter of South Carolina.
- National recognition of scholastic achievement in economics.
- Opportunities to present papers at ODE sponsored meetings at the annual conventions of regional and national associations.
- Eligibility to compete for the Frank Taussig award (cash prize and publication of essay).
- A publication outlet for promising undergraduate and graduate student papers in The American Economist, the journal of Omicron Delta Epsilon.
- Eligibility to compete for the Outstanding Student Leader awards.
- One year subscription to The American Economist.
Students will be admitted to ODE based on the following criteria.
- Must be at least a junior and a declared economics major;
- Must have completed at least 12 credits in economics courses including one of the intermediate courses (345 or 346);
- Hold at least a 'B' (3.0 average) at Furman and a 'B' (3.0 average) in the economics major.
Interested in becoming a member? Omicron Delta Epsilon Application.Completed forms, with a check to Furman University for $40, should be submitted to Ashlee Bullock in Riley 109.