Travel and Entertainment
Please review the full Travel and Entertainment policy at Travel & Entertainment 388.4
and share it with faculty and staff in your department. Department assistants should help insure that policies and procedures are followed and assist faculty with the many aspects of travel and purchasing related paperwork.
Some Points of Interest
Furman Travel Portal
- All travel and entertainment must be requested and approved in advance by completing Part I of the Travel and Entertainment Voucher (TEV). Travel and entertainment should be approved by at least one person upward in the reporting chain. For faculty, the department chair approves the TEV and forwards it to the Department Assistant in the Office of the Provost.
- The expense portion of the TEV should be completed within ten days after the trip or entertainment. Original receipts are required for all expenses of $50 or more.
- Employees will be reimbursed for business-related meals taken with fellow employees only in the following circumstances:
- When, for confidentiality reasons, business must be conducted off campus.
- With prior approval from a President’s Council member for an allowed purpose.
- Departments may not expend University or departmental funds for employee birthdays, weddings or anniversaries. Gift certificates for any occasion or in any denomination are not authorized purchases.
- Per the policy above, the cost of one alcohol beverage per person will be reimbursed as part of a meal expense. Any additional beverages must be paid by the employee.
- In the event a spouse, companion, child, etc. accompanies an employee to a meal or on a trip, any increased costs must be paid by the employee. These expenses are not reimbursable unless pre-approved by the President’s Council member to whom the traveler reports.