Choosing to pursue a degree in Furman University's Chemistry Department will prepare you to solve global challenges related to health, security, and energy independence. Our students work on cutting-edge research in a laboratory environment, and are exposed to modern instrumentation and technology. As a result, our students are among the nation's leaders in publishing and presenting their findings on contemporary problems including:
- Preparing and characterizing novel nanomaterials
- Understanding the chemistry of living systems
- Developing new energy technologies
- Expanding the toolbox for chemical and medical diagnostics
- Synthesizing natural products and pharmaceuticals
With a degree from Furman, you'll be prepared to pursue an advanced degree or career at some of the nation's top graduate schools, medical schools and businesses.