At Furman, we're committed to preparing our students for the job market. That's why you'll find everything you need in our state-of-the-art facilities. Our classes are held in Hipp Hall, the first LEED Gold-certified building in South Carolina. This 38,000-square foot facility features classrooms equipped with projection systems, computer labs, conference rooms, and student workrooms.
- A computer lab with 25 computers.
- A 18-seat conference room.
- Three team rooms for small meetings or study groups.
- Bloomberg Terminals: The mostly widely used electronic news platform in the world, you'll use this to see stock quotes in real time, data for different firms, and more. Students in our business core block will become certified in using the software, which will give you a competitive edge in the job market.
- CCH Tax Research Database: You will use this database to research federal
and state tax codes, regulations, court cases, rulings, legislative documents, treaties, and IRS publications.
- Compustat: Whether you are in the business block, accounting classes, the Investment Club, or conducting research, you will use this software to get financial and stock market information on publicly-traded firms. Updated quarterly, the data goes back to 1990.
- Microsoft Access: As an accounting major, you'll use this database
management system to better understand how data is organized, stored,
and retrieved in accounting systems.
- Microsoft Visio: You will use this software to document business processes.
- Sage Peachtree: You will use this software in your accounting
systems course to become familiar with accounting software systems that
are widely used in small businesses.