Furman University Art Summer Boot Camp 2018
July 30th- August 3rd 2018 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
The Furman University Art Summer Camp for rising 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students is a practice in adaptable learning through the lens of making and conceptual thinking. Students will get a glimpse of our exceptional engaged mentoring by faculty and staff that encompasses The Furman Advantage at the summer camp. This five day intensive experience located in Greenville, SC will build creative confidence and adaptability toward the next phase of the student's educational pathway.
Participants have the
opportunity to develop skills in two of the five courses: graphic design (branding, ad design, storytelling),
painting, drawing, ceramics, or film and digital color photography. The two selected studios for the students
will be chosen based on the student’s preference and the space available within
each class. Students will also engage in an art theory class where they understand the value of looking critically at art and its role in society. Through this Greenville summer art camp students will create college level pieces for their portfolios.
- What is provided?
- Collegiate art experience
- Supplies for all classes except personal sketchbook (students must provide their own sketchbook that will be used throughout the camp)
- Instruction by Furman Faculty Members
- Interaction with Furman Art Students
- Portfolio development
- Reception for Gallery display of finished work
- Lunch at the Dining Hall with Furman Art Students (a $50 value)
- The Professors
Ross McClain, Associate
Professor of Graphic Design at Furman University
Terri Bright, Associate
Professor of Photography at Furman University
Michael Brodeur, Associate Professor of Painting and Drawing at Furman University
Bob Chance, Professor of Ceramics and Sculpture at Furman University
- View a sample schedule
8:30 a.m. - 9 a.m. Student Arrival/Free Studio Time
9 a.m. -11:30 a.m. Graphic Design*
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Art Theory
12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. Lunch
1:30 p.m. - 4 p.m. Film and Digital Photography*
4 p.m. - 5 p.m. Creative Thinking
5 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Student Dismissal
*studio courses will reflect the student's interest
Submit the online registration form. Once you have registered, please pay by check or
cash. Registrations are not considered complete until full payment is received.*
- 2018 Camp Participants:
$340 for early Registration by May 1
$500 for Registration after May 1
- Furman Art T-shirt (optional): additional $15
- Make all checks payable to Furman University Art
Department with the student’s name clearly printed on the check. If paying in
cash please deliver cash to the Furman Art Department.
- Mail/Deliver all checks to:
Furman University Art Department
3300 Poinsett Highway
Greenville, SC 29613
*Full payment is expected within two weeks of registration.
- Financial Information and Refund Policy
- June 19th: Registration Deadline. Full payment
due at time of application.
- $100 non-refundable upon completion of application.
- $200 non-refundable as of June 17th.
- NO REFUNDS after July 5.
- If the camp cancels, all payments made to Furman University will be refunded in full.
- Contact Us
Have any questions about the program? Contact Marta Lanier, Furman Art Program Specialist, at 864.294.2995 or