Attention Art, Business & Communications Majors
Furman University Art Department, with Miami Ad School @ Portfolio Center, pleased to announce the 1st Annual ”Sleep When You’re Dead” Furman University 24-hour student design competition. This student design competition is provided as a forum to highlight the skills and talents of tomorrow’s design and communication professionals.
Students will have approximately 24-hours to solve and submit solutions for the design project (design the projects, build or create the prototypes for the projects and prepare your presentation).
- Kick-off reception 5-6 p.m. in the Roe Art Building
- Talk by David Butler 6-7 p.m. in the Roe Art Building. After David Butler’s talk, projects will be revealed to the students participating in the competition.
Presentations & Awards Reception
Saturday, January 26:
- Student Presentations 3 p.m.
- Awards Reception 4:30- 5 p.m.
Open to 5 teams of 4 students per team and 1 team advisor for each team. Advisors from Miami Ad School@Portfolio Center will be with their teams during the 24-hour period.
- MC Coppage, Senior Designer at Carter’s Baby and Kids
- Hank Richardson, Design Director at Miami Ad School@Portfolio Center
- Pippa Seichrist, President of Miami Ad School@Portfolio Center
- Overall Winner, team award, 1 award
- Innovation Award, team award, 1 award
- Judges Special Awards, individual awards (each judge will have 1 award for a total of 4 given)
To register, contact Marta Lanier. Registration deadline is January 18th.