All talented and passionate artists are invited to attend one of our scholarship days. We don't require auditions to be admitted to our program, but if you're seeking a scholarship, you'll need to audition or interview. Our auditions are open to high school seniors and students interested in all aspects of theatre.
We have conveniently created two audition weekends, which offer you and your family the opportunity to meet our faculty, tour our facilities and campus, and meet with an admission counselor.
Apply for an audition
Step 1: Check out the Audition Details and Guidelines below.
Step 2: Submit your Admissions Application.
Step 3: Register for a Furman Theatre Audition Day via your Online Status Page.
- November 18, 2017 (registration deadline November 12, 2017)
- February 24, 2018 (registration deadline February 18, 2018)
What are we looking for?
To be considered for a scholarship as a performer, the following guidelines must be followed in our auditions:
- Conduct an audition and interview with at least two members of our faculty.
- Perform two contrasting monologues, or one monologue and one song. If singing, be sure to bring your own accompaniment on USB drive or device with an auxiliary output.
- Bring four copies of your head shot and resume.
If you'd prefer to pursue a scholarship on the basis of your backstage or design experience, bring a portfolio featuring your work and four copies of your resume to your interview. Your portfolio doesn't need to be extensive to earn consideration.
Have a question?
Questions about our audition weekends? Contact Coady Shovlain, Coordinator of Fine Arts Recruitment, at 864.294.3402 or email@example.com.