To be a member of the Furman University Paladin's ROTC, you must be a student at either Furman University or North Greenville University. If you are interested in applying, feel free to visit Furman University's Admission page or North Greenville University's Admission page.
In order to be a part of the Army ROTC here at Furman University, you must also:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be between the ages of 17 and 26
- Be a full time student
- 12 credit hours for undergraduate students
- 6 credit hours for graduate students
- Take at least 75% of your courses on the campuses of Furman or NGU
If you are interested in joining Army ROTC or simply have some questinos that you would like answered, please fill out the Contact Us form located here.
Once you are enrolled in either of the universities, you will then need to register for either: MSL 101, MSL 102, MSL 201, or MSL 202. To continue with ROTC beyond the Sophomore year, students will need to recieve Basic Course Credit by completing MSL 101, 102, 201 and 202 or attending CIET-LE at Ft. Knox over the summer.
Student seeking a commission must:
- Complete the basic course sequence by the end of the sophomore year, consisting of: MSL-101, 102, 111 (required for all contracted cadets), 201 and 202 or receive credit for the Basic Camp at Fort Knox, Kentucky,
- Complete the advanced course sequence, consisting of: MSL 301, 302, 401 and 402
- Complete the 30-day Advanced Camp at Fort Knox, Kentucky, between the junior and senior years,
- Pass the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT),
- Pass both the basic commissioning swim test and the Combat Water Survival Test (CWST),
- Meet or exceed all university degree requirements.