Basic Tools and Supplies for Hand Quilting Class
- Needles: Hand quilting needles called "Betweens" #7
- Sharp #10 needles used for piecing and for basting.
- Thimble: with deep indentations. Try it on your middle finger for comfortable fit.
- Thread: Hand quilting thread or cotton-covered polyester thread
- Scissors: a pair of good fabric cutting scissors to be used exclusively to cut fabric.
- A pair of small scissors for cutting thread.
- Quilting pins: large pins.
- Ruler and Tape measure
- Graph paper or quadrille paper (paper with squares) to plan design
- Fabric suitable for quilting in this class: cotton, broadcloth, calico, gingham, etc.
- Batting or Filler needed after we complete pieced top.
Supplies for ACM172 Pens, Pencils and Pastels
**You will not need the pastel materials if you want to draw
with pencil or pen. You will not need pens if you wish to work in pastel.
A few other items that may prove helpful will be discussed in class.
- Drawing pencils: 2B, 4B
- Drawing paper (not sketch), 18 x 20 tablet
- Flow pens for drawing
- Pastels: Prismacolor Nupastel set
- Pastel paper, one or two sheets (10 x 12)
Supplies for Hiking Courses
Bring water, your lunch, hiking gear, and sturdy footwear. Please clear physical activity with your physician and sign the consent and release agreement on the registration form. Carpool; share cost of gas.
Rules of the Pool:
- Code will be sent to you with confirmation.
- Code works from 1:30 – 3:00 Tuesdays and Thursdays during the term. It will not work five minutes before or after the time noted.
- You may not enter the pool area (please do not go through the glass doors from the locker room on to the pool apron) until the preceding class has exited the pool AND the lifeguard for your class is in place.
- Towels, goggles, and bathing suits are not provided by Furman or OLLI. Water weights, locker room with showers, and water are provided.
- The temperature of the pool fluctuates beyond our control. If class is cancelled due to the extreme temperatures of the pool we will make every effort to contact class members to notify them of the cancellation.
OLLI provides the instructor and lifeguard. If the instructor or the lifeguard are not able to make class, we will have to cancel class due to Furman regulations.