|What does the IT Service Center do?
- The professional and student staff at the IT Service Center offer various levels of information technology support for faculty, staff and students.
- We provide support either at the IT Service Center, by phone, or by email.
Where is the IT Service Center?
- The IT Service Center is located on the bottom floor of the Duke Library.
Do IT Service Center staff come out to student's rooms?
- The IT Service Center will only send a technician to a student room if there is a problem with either a network jack or telephone port.
What should I do before I call the IT Service Center?
- Please be at your computer and have time to work on the problem when you call. It is much easier to troubleshoot a problem over the phone when you are at your computer, and have time to help us perform some diagnostic tests.
- Please make a note of any error messages, and be prepared to give them to the IT Service Center.
- Please have your computer's system information ready for the IT Service Center. If you need help finding your computer's system info, please refer to these help sheets for Windows (pdf) or Macintosh (pdf) computers.
If I need to bring my machine into the office should I call first?
- Yes. Different times of the year are very busy at the IT Service Center; by calling first we can arrange the best time for you to bring in your computer.
Can I enter my own work ticket?
Where do I find on-line support?
Where do I find information on the Computer labs?
Does the IT Service Center offer loaner computers?
- The IT Service Center has a limited number of laptops to loan, available in two hour increments, for members of the campus community. These loaner laptops are for use only within the Duke Library.
How do I get a job at the IT Service Center?
- Give the IT Service Center a call at 864-294-3277 or stop by our office. We will direct you to the appropriate person.
Some IT Service Center and Multimedia Student Staff