In the Information Technology Services (ITS) department, we provide support for the electronic communications, collaborations, and innovations of our campus community. The university’s information technology initiatives are guided by the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Four departments make up ITS:
- Learning Technology Services,
- the IT Service Center,
- Enterprise Systems, and
- Systems and Networks.
ITS provides service and support for over 2400 university owned computers, the campus network and Internet access,
classroom technology and computer labs, cable TV and video conferencing, telecommunications, and
software and systems used for instruction and administrative operations.
We recently completed work on a strategic plan for the university’s information technology. The main goals of this five year plan are to:
- establish a new IT Service Center as the nexus of technology support excellence;
- champion scalable information technology innovations and best practices;
- improve enterprise information systems functionality and usability;
- establish a state-of-the art system and processes for digital media distribution; and
- provide a robust, consistent, and reliable campus network infrastructure.
As part of the Finance and Administration team, ITS strives to provide the university community with a digital information environment that reflects and advances the high quality of Furman’s academic program and physical campus.
If you need assistance with any campus technology service, please contact the IT Service Center: 864-294-3277.