South Carolina Suzuki Institute @ Furman
July 13 - 20, 2013
Approved by the Suzuki Association of the Americas
, the South Carolina Suzuki Institute @ Furman University
is a special week-long summer camp that provides an intensive musical
experience for families with children who currently study an instrument
through the Suzuki Method and music educators studying to improve their Suzuki teaching skills.
Families enjoy attending the institute together and participating in a
wide range of musical and enrichment activities. For more information about the unique opportunities our institute offers, visit our GENERAL INFORMATION page.
Located in the northwest corner of South Carolina, the Greenville area offers natural beauty, cultural vitality and numerous family-based activities. The private campus of Furman University is recognized as one of the most beautifully designed and landscaped college campuses in the country and it offers comfortable and peaceful surroundings for our institute.
- July 14 - 19
- Instruments: Violin, Viola, Cello
- Student ages: 3 and up
- PreTwinkle program for Violin and Cello
- Suzuki levels offered: all books
- BRAVO! program for ten advanced violinists
- Master classes, Small Groups, Orchestra, Fiddling, Family Chorus, Orff, Musicianship
- LEARN MORE!
Every Child Can!© An Introduction to Suzuki Education
Saturday July 13 from 9 AM to 4 PM. $100, lunch not included.
This is a six hour course open to any interested person age 17 or older with at least a high school diploma. You do not need to be a musician to benefit from the ECC course. Read more about ECC on the national web site.
- This course is a prerequisite for Teacher Training Book 1.
- To apply: Parents attending the week-long institute with their child may sign up on the student registration form. Teacher trainees may sign up on their TT course registration form.
Interested in taking the ECC course but not planning to enroll yourself or a student in the week-long institute? Use this ECC-only registration form.
2013 SAA Teacher Training Units with SAA Master Teacher Faculty
July 13 - 20 depending on which course you take. Sanctioned and controlled by the national organization, these courses are for educators, private teachers and college string students seeking national registration/approval through the Suzuki Association of the Americas.
- Every Child Can!© with Edmund Sprunger
- Violin Book 1 with Edmund Sprunger
Violin Book 5 with Ann Montzka Smelser
'Cello Book 3 with Alice Vierra
- LEARN MORE!