The full institute is inactive in summer 2014. Instead, we've planned a wonderful 3-day family experience. The Bravo! program for advance violinists is included!
Learn more: 2014 Suzuki Camp @ Furman.pdf
Camp Application: 2014 Suzuki Camp Application.pdf
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, July 14 Schedule
- Arrive between 1 and 1:30 p.m.
- Masterclass and scheduled practice from 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Parents check in at 4:00 p.m. (regular registration time.)
Housing keys and campus housing available after 4 p.m. Move into
housing and eat dinner 4 - 6:30pm.
- All SCSI participants attend the Institute Orientation meeting 6:30-7:15
p.m. in DRH (Daniel Recital Hall)
- Repertoire class first meeting from 7:15-8:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday: Daily BRAVO! masterclass, technique
class, repertoire class, fiddle/alternative styles class, scheduled personal
practice time, attendance of daily recital. There will be a recital featuring BRAVO! participants (formal attire).
evening performance of BRAVO! repertoire class in
final Institute concert. (Bravo participants are also invited to perform Suzuki
repertoire with other institute participants at this final concert.)
The South Carolina Suzuki Institute @ Furman is offering a new and expanded
program for advanced violin students, Suzuki and traditional.
BRAVO! is designed for a select group of 10 students ages 12
and above. This program provides an opportunity for an intensive week of study
The minimum required level is the Bach A Minor Concerto
in Book 7 or an equivalent piece. Students are required to submit a DVD of the
most recent polished piece with their application. Application to
BRAVO! will be on a rolling admission acceptance
(first-come-first-serve). Please apply early to reserve a space.
Application DVDs will be accepted beginning February 15,
closing June 1 or earlier.
Dr. Thomas Joiner, Professor of
Violin and Orchestral Activities at Furman University and Dr. Andy Carlson,
Professor of Violin at Dennison University will serve as the major teachers of
the program with daily lessons, supervised practice, repertoire class, technique
classes and an alternative styles class. Additional master classes with Guest
Artist-Teachers and a BRAVO! solo recital are also
- Suzuki and Traditional violin students age 12 or older
applicants must have a parent reside with them on campus.)
- Completed BRAVO! Application (PDF) with $30 non-refundable fee and one Audition
- Mail to: Suzuki BRAVO Program
Furman University Music Dept
3300 Poinsett Hwy
Greenville, SC 29613
- Audition DVD requirements: The student will perform…
- 1 Major 3-octave scale and arpeggio
- 1 Minor 3-octave scale and arpeggio
- 2 contrasting works at or beyond the level of the Violin Concerto in A minor
by J.S. Bach (Suzuki Book 7).
application, $30 fee and *DVD* between February 15 and June 1.
If accepted to BRAVO, or if not and you elect to roll to
the Institute’s advanced track, the Student Application
will be due with full $450
Bravo tuition payment (less discount if a sibling).
Institute application Deadline: June 1
Applicants will be notified of their acceptance to the program via email.